Integrated Rehabilitation Center for Addicts
Founded in 2012, Alternative to Addiction Creating Center is Government funded Integrated Rehabilitation Center for Addicts (IRCA) running the center in Pilkhua, District Hapur, Uttar Pradesh. The center is run under the aegis of Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India.
As an IRCA we are providing composite/integrated services for the rehabilitation of the substance dependent person. The objectives are as outlined below:
- To create awareness and educate people about the ill effects of alcoholism and substance abuse on the individual, the family, the workplace and society at large;
- To provide for the whole range of community based services for the identification, motivation, counseling, deaddiction, after care and rehabilitation for Whole Person Recovery (WPR) of addicts to make a person drug free, crime free and gainfully employed;
- To alleviate the consequences of drug and alcohol dependence amongst the individuals, the family and society at large;
- To facilitate research, training, documentation and collection of relevant information to strengthen the above mentioned objectives; and
- To support other activities which are in consonance with the mandate of the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India in this field.